Laser Hair Removal
- Cutera ExcelHR: safe, effective and comfortable laser hair removal for the 21st century
- Combines high-power 755nm Alexandrite and the wide-range versatility of proven ND: YAG.
- The superiority of sapphire contact cooling to offer the most advanced premium hair removal solution for all skin types.
Pre and Post Care
- Do not wax, tweeze, epilate or bleach hair 4 weeks prior to starting your treatment or at any-time during your treatment.
- Shave the area to be treated 24 hours before appointment. Treatment may not be possible on unshaved area or an additional charge may be applied.
- Treatment will not be performed on sunburnt skin, therefore it is essential to stay out of the sun and avoid use of tanning beds four weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not use any forms of fake tan two weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not use any forms of Retin-A products 2 weeks pre and post treatment.
Avoid sun exposure for a minimum of 4 weeks after treatment, if this is unavoidable an SPF30+ or higher is recommended.
- Small raised, red marks may be present on treated areas, this is completely normal. A cold compress or icepack may be used to calm the skin.
- It is recommended to shave and/or gently exfoliate 7 days after treatment. This will help the hair to fall out.
- Use of a daily body moisturiser is recommended.
- Do not tweeze, wax or pluck after treatment.
- Avoid excess heat such as hot showers, spas or saunas for at least 24 hours after treatment.
Before and After Gallery
How many treatments will I need?
This can depend on several factors including where the hair is located on the body, the type of hair (fine hair can take longer to treat) and hormonal influences. We do recommend 6-10 treatments at 6-8 weekly intervals for optimal results.
Is the treatment painful?
ExcelHR significantly improves patient comfort by offering continuous cooling before, during, and after each laser pulse, this makes the treatment very tolerable.
Why do I need multiple treatments?
Hair grows in three stages
- Anagen (Growth Stage)
The laser light is absorbed by the melanin in the hair shaft reaching the bulb and disabling the hair follicle.
- Catagen (transitional stage)
Hair bulge and bulb are beginning to disengage from the hair shaft and treatment is not effective.
- Telogen (resting stage)
The hair bulge and bulb are disengaged from the hair shaft and treatment is not effective.
Only the hair follicle in the anagen growth phase can be effectively targeted and disabled. Multiple treatments are required to achieve sufficient reduction because each hair goes through 3 growth phases independent of the neighbouring hairs so not all hairs will be in the same phase at the same time.
What colour hair can be treated?
The best coloured hair for laser hair removal is brown-black. Grey, blonde and red hairs do not contain high amounts of melanin for the laser to absorb.
Why do I need to shave before each treatment?
We always recommend you shave the area before each treatment so that the laser is targeted to the hair under the surface of the skin and not only focusing on the hair above the skin.